home about me contact dailies sponsor

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gingerbread/cake recipe

Trust me, you're gonna NEED this recipe, especially in the fall and winter :-) I found it on http://bakemyday.blogspot.com and it just came out of the oven here, the whole house smells yummie now!
I changed the recipe a bit, because I added raisins and chopped pieces of apple, I think it makes this cake even better :-) 


325 g sifted flour 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1/2 tsp mixed spice or pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons cocoa powder 
100 g butter, melted and cooled 
4 tablespoons treacle 
4 tablespoons apple-pear syrup 
135 g granulated sugar 
1 large egg 
125 ml buttermilk 
125 ml milk
1 cup of raisins 
1 chopped apple


- Preheat the oven at 175C ,grease and flour dust your cake shape or turban shape, tap the excess flour out.- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa and mixed spice) together with an electric mixer. - Also mix up  the butter, syrup and sugar into a separate bowl. Add the egg and mix until homogenous. Then add buttermilk and gradually add milk. - Add the dry ingredients to the syrup / butter mixture and mix just until you have a smooth substance, mix for about 1 minute. Careful, do not mix too long. Add the raisins and apple and stir carefully with a spoon. Pour the batter into the turban shape or cake shape. - Bake about 40 minutes in the preheated oven. The top should feel springy when you press a finger, the edges are slightly withdrawn from the sides of the form.






1 comment:

  1. hey there :) thanks for you advice on stretching! But I know I won't be able to put those beautiful plugs into my ears until next year I think. a friend of mine gave me lots of spirals he still had in all different sizes and I'll start stretching very slowly. I don't want to destroy anything, haha. I'll keep you updated on how it works out in the end :)

    and this recipe looks super delicious!! perfect for winter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...